Thursday

A Little Inspiration...

My best friend form high school posted the poem below on her FB page today. Her oldest daughter is 19 and my one and only God-child. They are going through some real deep valleys right now....things that make my little temporary, ego trippin' problems seem so small. What a reminder for me to practice much more grattitude for what I do have. I am just amazed and still teary eyed that her daughter was able bring a very bright light into an otherwise dark time. I am more spiritual than religious but I still believe in miracles and they need a couple. btw, please keep them in your prayers. love y'all!


Last Week we threw out worrying, it was getting old and in the way. 
It kept us from being us; We couldn't do things God's way. 
We threw out a book on OUR PAST (Didn't have time to read it anyway). 
Replaced it with NEW GOALS, started reading it today. 
We threw out hate and bad memories, (Remember how we treasured them so)? 
Got us a NEW PHILOSOPHY too, threw out the one from long ago. 
Brought in some new books too, called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST
Threw out I might, I think and I ought. WOW, you should've seen the dust. 
We ran across an OLD FRIEND, we hadn't talked to in a while. 
His name is GOD the Father, and we really love His style. 
He has helped us to do some cleaning and added some things Himself.
Like PRAYER, HOPE, FAITH and LOVE, Yes... We placed them right on the shelf. 
I picked up this special thing and placed it at the front door. 
I FOUND IT- it's called PEACE. Nothing gets us down anymore. 
Yes, Me and My Mom got our house looking nice. Looks good around the place. 
For things like Worry and Trouble there just isn't any space. 
It's good to do a little house cleaning, get rid of the things on the shelf. 
It sure makes things brighter; maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:40 AM

    that was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including this into your blog. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jennifer! Thanks for sharing...xo ajae

    ReplyDelete